What could be cozier on a cold day than lounging in front of a crackling fire with a hot drink and a novel you’ve been wanting to read? Make the most of your fireplace with these ideas for budget-friendly changes, worth-it upgrades and major transformations.
In the January 25, 2018 article by Houzz Contributor Laura Gaskill, she offers quick budget friendly changes that can add style, warmth and efficiency to your fireplace.
Here are a few of her suggestions:
- Style your mantel with salvaged finds.
- Get a new log holder and tool set.
- Replace the screen.
- Add a shelf mantel.
- Paint a brick surround.
- Replace tile.
- Install an efficient fireplace insert.
For major transformations you may wish to try these:
- Add built-in bookshelves or a custom mantel.
- Wrap the surround in stone veneer.
- Start from scratch.
For complete details to her suggested changes, read her complete article by clicking here.