The summer months in the Valley of the Sun are all about surviving the extreme heat and the rays of sun. We spend the time searching for the next frosty beverage, ice cream cone, attending pool parties and enjoying the cool air-conditioned temperatures of a movie theatre or inside mall.
In Downtown Phoenix, we don’t need to beat the heat, we embrace it with awesome events and fun things that are available all summer long.
From a Diamondback game to a sizzling summer concert, it’s time to experience summer in the city.
Here are a few local options for your family to enjoy this summer:
- Watch the D-backs inside the air-conditioned Chase Field. Tickets starting at $12.
- Three-time WNBA champions. Tickets starting at $10.
- Mystery Science Theatre; After its recent Netflix revival, the cult classic TV comedy series from the ’90s is live on tour. 8pm. Tickets start at $39.50.
- Earth, Wind and Fire at the Talking Stick Resort; A mix of R&B, funk, jazz, pop-rock, Latin and African. Click here for tickets and dates.
- 2nd Annual Wurst Festival Ever; Relish local beers. Meat local chefs. Pun competition. 5pm. $10 admission/$3 hot dog samples/$5 beers. Click here for more information.
- John Mayer “The Search for Everything” at the Talking Stick Resort; Acoustic rock. Click here.
So let’s get out there and enjoy the summer in the city!
Michelle Lohman, Realtor